School Closing Information
- If school will be closed, announcements will be made on radio stations WHDO (106.1 FM), WTSV (1230 AM), WNHV (910 AM), WTSL (1400 AM), WGXL (92.3 FM), 100.5 FM, WYKR (101.3fm), WTWN (1100AM), WLTN (96.7 FM & 98.5 FM 1400 AM), and WDEV Radio Vermont, as well as WMUR, WNNE, & WPTZ TV as soon as possible.
- If there is a delayed opening, announcements will also be made on the same radio and television stations. The delayed opening time is 10:00 for all three schools.
- We are very excited to incorporate School Messenger as a tool to improve parent communication and look forward to having the ability to communicate with you more effectively and efficiently when these unique situations arise.
- School Messenger is a Notification Service which will allow us to send a telephone call to you providing important information about emergencies or school events. We anticipate using School Messenger to notify you of school delays or cancellations due to inclement weather, as well as early releases, after-school or sports programs cancellations, etc. In the event of an emergency at school, you can have peace of mind knowing that you will be informed immediately by telephone.
What you need to know about receiving calls sent through School Messenger
- Your Caller ID will display the school’s main number when a general announcement is delivered.
- School Messenger will leave a message on any answering machine or voicemail.
- If you have Telemarketer Zapper or Privacy Director on your telephone lines, you may not receive the School Messenger call.
- School Messenger will attempt to call extensions. If you have a live operator at your work switchboard, you should inform them of this system. If you have a direct dial number at work, you should provide your child’s school with the direct dial number not a main number plus an extension.
- The successful delivery of information is dependent upon accurate contact information for each student, so please make certain that we have your most current telephone numbers. If any of this information changes during the year, please let us know immediately.
For more information and a form to update contact information please select this School Closing Form
- If school needs to close at an unscheduled time (such as early in the day), your child will follow your instructions concerning an emergency dismissal as indicated on the Emergency Dismissal sheet you fill out at the beginning of the year. (Make sure your emergency information is up-to-date! Call us if any of the information changes over the course of the year!)
- Since children must attend 180 days of school, according to law, we will make up any missed days at the end of the year.